Saturday, September 8, 2012

Shows and Events

Wild horses and Wind River Mountains, Wyoming.
(Click on image to view larger)

First, sorry about the long blog hiatus.  Classes began at UW (no, not Washington, not Wisconsin: Wyoming!) two weeks ago and I'm inundated with teaching this semester.  I'm starting to settle into a routine (work, sleep, repeat) and will try to be more regular with blog posts.

The Math and Science Teaching Center at UW here in Laramie is having an opening this Wednesday (September 12, 6:30 p.m.) for local artists whose work was chosen to decorate their space on 3rd floor of Wyo Hall, on campus.  The three images in this blog post will all be in the show as 12" x 18" framed prints.  I plan to be there, and if you're looking for something to do midweek, stop by.  

In other news, I'm gearing up for two other shows this fall.  The biennial Laramie Artists Project show will be held November 17-18 at the Fairfield Inn in Laramie.  If you aren't familiar with it, we rent a floor of the hotel and each of more than 30 local artists transform a room into a gallery.  It's always a fun event with some great artwork for sale.  I'll mostly focus on Wyoming work this year.

I also have a show of my Uganda work at the Dairy Center for the Arts in Boulder.  The opening is on November 2 and the show will hang until December 7. 

I've also donated an image to BCA (the Biodiversity Conservation Alliance), an incredibly effective conservation group based here in Laramie, for silent auction at their fund-raising Badger Ball on the evening of September 15 at the Alice Hardy Stevens Center in Laramie.  Attend if you can for an evening of music (J. Shogren and Jeff Duloz), drinks, food, and art.

How I'm going to get ready for these shows and keep up with classes is one of the mysteries of the universe, but it's one that I'll have to solve pretty soon.  

Blue Silos, Chugwater, Wyoming.

Boulder, Skull Rim, Red Desert, Wyoming



No comments:

Post a Comment