Monday, August 27, 2012

Flowers


Orchids
(click to enlarge)

Today is the first day of classes at UW, and I'm teaching a new course (for me), which is one of the reasons that I haven't written a new blog post for a while.  Instead, I've had my head buried in the books so that I can present the illusion of knowing more than I do when I stand in front of my classes this week.  When I get really sick of writing lectures, I wander around the house with my camera, and harvest little bits from Ellen's garden and experiment with shooting flowers.  These were taken with a lightbox behind the flowers and a softened flash overhead, low ISO, small aperture, slow shutterspeed, tripod.  A fun diversion.  I recommend viewing the larger versions by clicking on the images. They look nicer.

Now back to work...

Hollyhocks

Hollyhocks

No comments:

Post a Comment