Sunday, June 10, 2012

B&W Magazine: What to submit?

Every year, B&W Magazine, a showcase for "fine art" photography (I've always thought that calling your art "fine" is like a restaurant advertising "fine dining"--a little suspect), has a Single Image Competition.   Winners are published in a special issue of the magazine that I always enjoy.  I'm agonizing a little about what to submit this year; the three images below are my top choices, though I may add one to the list.  What do you think?  Leave a comment if you are so inclined!

Click on any image to view a larger version...

Image #1

Image #2

Image #3

3 comments:

  1. Ken, I know it's crazy, but I'm liking number 3. I'm usually drawn to the more classic scenes like your first 2, but I like the kind of ultra-modern look of the windmill blade with it's clean lines and shading gradations. Number 3 it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments (some on facebook and some in person!). I took the easy way out, paid the extra entry fees, and submitted all three images. If any of them are accepted (or not), I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ken,

    Have to say photo #2 is my favorite...Kim

    ReplyDelete