Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pig Wrestling, Albany County Fair

                                           Pig wrestling, Albany County Fair, Wyoming

Last summer, we took my wife's sister and her twin daughters from New Jersey to the Albany County Fair to see the popular pig wrestling event.  The wrestlers, along with an unfortunate pig, are released into a round pen filled with slimy bentonite mud and a plastic barrel.  Their mission is to capture the pig and deposit it in the barrel as quickly as possible; the team with the fastest time wins the event.  I spent some time wandering around behind the grandstands, looking for the quintessential small-town summer event image, and the one above is my favorite. 

When I returned to the stands, one of my nieces, horrified by the frantic squealing, remarked, "This makes me realize that it's not so bad living in New Jersey."

Photo information:  Nikon D700, 17-35 mm lens at 17 mm, ISO 1600, f2.8, 1/500 sec.

A few more images from the event:







No comments:

Post a Comment